- Agusan del Sur has 13 Municipalities, 1 City and 314 Barangays. Every barangay in the province of Agusan del Sur has an Interactive Webpage of its own.
- The province of Agusan del Sur is in Region XIII in the eastern side island of Mindanao.
- Agusan del Sur’s approximate area is 896, 550 hectares or 8,965.50 sq. km. ranking as the fourth largest province in the country. The other provinces are Palawan, Isabela, and Cagayan Valley.
- The municipalities of Loreto, La Paz, Esperanza, and San Luis are among the four larger municipalities covering almost sixty percent of the province’s total land area. The river towns of Sta. Josefa and Talcogon have the smallest land area.
- Prosperidad is the capital municipality of Agusan del Sur
- Geography of Agusan del Sur, Philippines: (Article from the Govt. of Agusan del Sur): Agusan del Sur is a landlocked province bounded on the North by Agusan del Norte, on the South by Compostela Valley, on the West by Misamis Oriental and Bukidnon and on the East by Surigao del Sur. The province accessed by land transportation through the Davao – Butuan National Highway. Three minor roads also provideaccess for travelers coming from Tandag, Lianga, Barobo, and Bislig City in Surigao del Sur, and one road connects the southwestern part of the province with Asuncion, Compostela Valley province. All four roads intersect the National Highway at different points.
In the future, the Agusan River may be used as a potential route for travel around the province.
List of Municipalities in the Agusan del Sur Province within Region XIII (Caraga) in the Republic of The Philippines
Bunawan || Esperanza || La Paz || Loreto || Prosperidad (Capital) || Rosario || San Francisco || San Luis || Santa Josefa || Sibagat || Talacogon || Trento || Veruela
Cities in Agusan del Sur: Bayugan City
People of Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- Population of Agusan del Sur as of 2015: 700,653
- Population (as of 2010 Census)= 656,418
- Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census)= 609,447
- Elected officials of Agusan del Sur for the term of 2019-2022
- Provincial Governor of Agusan del Sur: CANE, SANTIAGO, JR BARRIGA
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Agusan del Sur: TORTOR, SAMUEL ELORDE
- House Representative of Agusan del Sur:
- 1st District Congresswoman of Agusan del Sur: BASCUG, ALFELITO MARAON
- 2nd District Congresswoman of Agusan del Sur: PLAZA, ADOLPH EDWARD GALIDO
- Provincial Board Members 1st District:
- BASTARECHE, EDELBERTO DAYROCAS
- ALONDE, CESAR MASAYON
- GERONA, SUSAN GENITA-LAFUENTE
- MASENDO, JESRYL ESPAÑA
- MANPATILAN, NILO DELANTO
- Provincial Board Members 2nd District:
- DEL ROSARIO, HAZEL ONG
- ELORDE, EDWIN GRANADA
- YUCOSING, PAMELA DINAYA
- LIM, ALLAN DE LOS SANTOS
- DEMEGILLO, EDWIN DEREQUITO
Featured News of the Philippines
Updated: November 1, 2022
Over 65K people in Central Visayas affected by Paeng.
DUMAGUETE CITY – The Department of Social Welfare and Development in Region 7 (DSWD-7) has reported that Tropical Storm Paeng affected 65,461 people or 3,561 families in 220 barangays in the four Central Visayas provinces. A report from the DSWD-7 obtained by the Philippine News Agency on Tuesday showed that as of Oct. 31, more than PHP759,000 in assistance was also handed out by the agency through their local counterparts in the aftermath of the storm. The assistance includes food packs, hot meals, modular tents, and hygiene kits, among others.
Paeng damage to W. Visayas agri sector now at P363-M
BACOLOD CITY – The onslaught of Severe Tropical Storm Paeng left an estimated damage of PHP362.934 million to crops in Western Visayas as of Tuesday. A progress report of the Department of Agriculture Region 6 (DA-6) cited by the Regional Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council Emergency Operations Center showed the affected crops include rice, corn, and other high value-crops with a total volume of 14,002 metric tons (MT), of which more than 10,000 MT is for rice alone.
Last Updated on November 20, 2021
Last Updated on November 20, 2021